Do You Know The THREE Types Of TPMS Relearns?
There are THREE basic relearn methods for TPMS sensors.
- 1 - Stationary - 25% Use an activation tool with the car in 'relearn' mode. New IDs can be programmed without driving the vehicle.
- 2 - OBD - 36% An activation tool in conjunction with a scan tool is required to program new sensor IDs into the vehicle. New IDs can be programmed without driving the vehicle.
- 3 - Auto Learn - 39% Vehicle can learn a single new ID and in some cases multiple new IDs without the use of a tool. Requires driving the car in order to turn off the light.
- Less than 40% of the vehicles can reset themselves.
- Some 'Auto Learns' can only do 1 new TPMS Sensor.
- More than 60% of TPMS vehicles require an activation or activation/scan combination tool!
- Increasing number of vehicles that require a scan tool to complete a TPMS repair.
- Hyundai, Infiniti, Kia, Mercedes, Lexus, Nissan, Subaru, Suzuki, Acura, Mitsubishi, Honda, and Toyota are some of the makes that require a scan tool to complete a relearn.
- The market needs a tool that can function as BOTH a scan tool AND sensor activation tool.
BARTEC HAS YOUR SOLUTION TO THE CHALLENGES OF TPMS!