It is also possible to programme the vehicle directly with the TPMS data on the production line using Bartec Auto ID tools.
This can be done by a live OBD connection from the TPMS PC via a carrier to an OBD over the vehicle line or by a TPMS hand tool with OBD connectivity and programme function.
Typical on-line process (Data from Automated TPMS System)
- Data is collected from line side antennas and stored on TPMS PC
- TPMS Vehicle enters ECU programming station on the line
- TPMS alerts operator by flashing beacon or audio alarm
- Operator takes OBD cable from above the line and connects to the vehicle ODB port
- Vehicle ID is checked and TPMS data programmed into the vehicle
- GREEN beacon shows after approximately 5 seconds to show the operator that the vehicle is programmed
- Operator removes OBD from vehicle
Typical on-line process (Data from Portable Tool)
- Data is collected from the vehicle by the portable TPMS reading tool
- TPMS Tool displays 'Connect OBD to Vehicle'
- Operator connects tool as described
- TPMS Tool checks Vehicle ID against data and programmes vehicle if matching
- TPMS Tool displays 'DATA OK – remove OBD' after approximately 5 seconds
- Operator removes OBD cable and leaves the vehicle
- Optional download to data to plant systems is required